Thursday, February 26, 2015

Baños Trip

     Last weekend was a blast. Me and five other students went to Baños. This city is well known for its extreme sports and flashy tourism. We stayed in a hostal that was pretty dang good, ate some tasty locro de papa soup, and laughed. We also rode horses through the mountains, zip-lined from one cliff to the next, climbed the treehouse at "the end of the world" and swung from its rope swing, and visited a roaring waterfall. 








       But by Monday, we had to be back in class. I like class, however, homework is still homework: it's a drag. In fact, I'm writing this post instead of preparing for my oral presentation. It seems I'm still a procrastinator even in a different country. The classes are small, and students always come and go. I enjoy meeting and making new international friends. It's been more than a treat.
     I couldn't be more happy to share this adventure with these lovely-traveling-students. We've laughed together, cooked, cleaned, and clashed together. I'd say we're a good bunch. I've made a few friends in a restaurant and in a bar. They're teaching us Ecuadorian slang. We had a good chuckle when they tried teaching us to call your friends "brothers." But they also taught us that "pana" is slang for "friend" here. 
     Alright, I should get my homework done because I'm planning on heading out to a concert tonight. 

Chao, panas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment